How to Set Up Your Violin
So you've just bought your first violin. Now you're thinking "How do I get it to make a sound?" Here's a great introductory video on how to get started.
In this Video:
- Tighten your bow
- There should be a gap of about a finger between the bow and the hair.
- Apply rosin to your bow
- Score the rosin to give it a rough edge
- Run the bow across the rosin - For a brand new bow this could take up to 5 minutes
- Tuning Guide
- Using a TN100 tuner
- (The ebony tuning pegs are wedge shaped. This is so that you can lock the tuning in place by pushing in on the peg)
- Is the bow still slipping, does the bow need more rosin?
- Join our newsletter
- Visit our YouTube channel for some great Demo’s & Tutorials
- Our facebook page for updates and specials and more
- Visit our website
email@example.com or call us on 1300 489 816