Setting up your intonation on an Electric Guitar
Date Posted:22 August 2012
There are a couple of secret's to correct intonation on an Electric guitar
Before you adjust you intonation make sure you do the following 3 steps.
1. Have a new set of strings (at your favourite guage on the guitar)
Older strings will not intonate as well as new strings.
2. Have you action adjusted to the correct setting
If your action height increases or decreases it will affect your intonation, so you need to set your action height first
3. Have your guitar perfectly in tune
After you have done these 3 steps adjusting your intonation is quite easy
1. Tune the string to exactly the correct pitch.
2. Lightly press on the 12th fret and play the note, see if this is in tune.
3. If the fretted note is sharp move the saddle backwards (away from the neck).
4. If the fretted note is flat move the saddle forwards (towards the neck/fingerboard).
For more information check out this article on wikihow