Superlux E431U Multi-Pattern Condenser USB Microphone
About this Superlux E431U Multi-Pattern Condenser USB Microphone
Equipped with dual Ø14mm back-electret capsules, the Superlux E431U Multi-pattern Condenser USB Microphone delivers crisp and dynamic sound reproduction. Featuring three different pattern settings, the Superlux E431U makes it easy to select the best pickup pattern for different professional recording requirements.
The Superlux E431U is an ideal choice for a wide range of professional audio applications: vocals, musical instruments, recording, streaming or broadcasting.
The Tech Features
- USB digital recording condenser microphone.
- Multi-pattern function to offer the best pickup pattern under different recording requirements.
- 24 bit, 192 kHz sampling rate
- Equipped with high quality A/D converter for excellent sound quality.
- Featured with headphone jack and individual volume control for zero-latency monitoring.
- The built-in headphone amplifier ensures extremely clear and rich playback details even at high volume.
- Flat and wide frequency response perfect for podcasting, home studio, live recording and narrating.
- Plug-and-play, compatible with Windows and Mac OS system.
- Type: Ø14 back-electret condenser microphone
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid / figure-8 / Omni directional
- Frequency Response: 20 - 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: -38 dBV/Pa (12.6 mV)
- Max. SPL: 108 dB (THD <1%, at 1kHz)
- Power Requirement: Powered by USB (5V DC)
- Output Jack: USB
- Bit Depth: 24 bit
- Sampling Rate: 192 kHz
- Impedance: ≥ 16Ω
- Headphone Output Power: 150mW (at 1kHz, 1% T.H.D., 16Ω)
- T.H.D: < 0.5% (at 1KHz)
- HeadphoneOutput Jack: 3.5mm stereo mini-plug
- Volume Control: Direct monitoring volume control, headphone monitoring volume control
- 1.5-meter type-C USB cable
Nice USB MicBy: ANDREY on 31 July 2020Pretty good mic, bought it mostly for video conferencing/recording videos/voice comms, and for that role it's perfect. Output levels aren't particularly impressive, it's fairly quiet, fine for what I use it for, but might want a bit more dynamic range if you want to record music or vocals. Still doable with a decent quality, but you need to move it close. Very nicely built, solid, heavy, with excellent stand. Knobs have great feel to them. Overall, top construction. Size is pretty substantial, so is weight. Box is huge, and very nicely packaged. . Absolute plug and play, picked up by Mac/Win/Linux without any issues or drivers. Minor picks: 1. Mic light could use different colour when mute is pressed. 2. When it is positioned on the table (nice and sturdy support by the way) you can't see controls and on/off light 3. Various patterns are not that various. Mine is set to cardioid and probably going to be left there forever. 4. Could use a standard mounting thread somewhere to attach it to boom. Doesn't seem to need pop filter, but there is nowhere to attache that either. Overall, i'm quite happy. Yes, it could be better, but to be fair, it is fairly fantastic anyway. Highly recommend.